About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Saturday 2 July 2011

Day 31 - Post Juneathon Stats

In a bid to continue the blog, I thought I would provide some statistics of the Juneathon. Over the 30 days of June I had completed 31 runs (one day contained 2 runs). The following graph shows the different totals as follows:

Juneathon Stats courtesy of Endomondo












The weekly mileages were roughly even at between 60 and 68 miles. The times were consistent as well and ranged between 8hrs and 8.5hrs, with an average pace of around 7:30 minute miles for the whole of June!

Now that June was over and July had started I thought 'should I carry on?' Why not, maybe I could get a little running streak going. That was it then, the seed had been sown, I took my running stuff with me to work and would I either run at lunchtime or on the way home from work. Work was busy and as lunchtime coincided with a conference call with a client, I decided to embark on a little evening run.

The run was more of a reconnaissance mission to explore a country lane and footpath that I had looked at on previous occasions but was unsure as to where it led to. After leaving work I drove to the start of the run and parked in a layby on the country lane. The run at a nice easy pace took me on a field crossing directly opposite Jodrell Bank and out towards a farm. On through the farm and across another field brought me out onto a lane that was part of one of my many running routes. I headed back in the same direction and checked out the other lane and now realised which lane this was as I had passed it on numerous occasions but had never run down it. About turn and back towards the farm and the field crossing back to the car. The first post Juneathon run done, Julyathon? Sshhh someone might hear you...

Stats
Distance: 3.41 miles
Time: 28:32
July Total Distance: 3.41 miles
Streak Total Distance: 265.52 miles

2 comments:

  1. Fitartist heard you and has started a group up on running free...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Andrew, it's always good to explore new routes. Couldn't quite get my head around the chart though - perhaps Jo365 could help :o)

    ReplyDelete