About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Thursday 30 June 2011

Day 30 - Oh go on, just a little one!

The end is nigh...
Well I finally made it to the end of the Juneathon, phew what an adventure! I mentioned yesterday on finishing on a nice round number, so currently being on 260 miles, what was I to do? Well 300 is big and round, but that meant 40 miles (only if I had the whole day spare!). There's 275, nice and round, divisible by 25, that meant 15 (wasn't really going to have the time to fit it in today). Then I had a brainwave, why not 262 or 10 marathons, genius! That meant just a measly 3 miles needed, yes that's what I will do.

As my daughter's school was on strike, I was working from home today. It was a very disjointed day, first I had to drop the car off for it's MOT and my son had football training in the evening. Fortunately having decided on a 3 miler it fitted in very well with the one hour window I was left with early evening. My 'book' of routes didn't contain a '3 miler' so I would have to improvise and go out on a circular trail that encompassed the early parts of other routes.

So off at 6.15 for the last Juneathon jaunt, the loop took me through the estate and on to the farmers path through the local fields. It was a gloriously sunny evening, very befitting the occasion. On past a field of cows, no chasing, just lots of grass chewing. Over the stile and past a collection of 'retired' farm machinery. As has become customary, no blog would be complete without a photo, so here is one:

The end of the road...
Half way now at a steady 8 minute mile pace, on down the path and out on to the main road past Toft Hall. I was only half a mile or so from home so headed across the road and into Toft Woods to get the distance up to 3 miles. A nice trot though the woods and the final run down the road back to home - job done!

So there we have it, 30 days and 30 runs all logged and blogged. In all I took a total of 140 photographs and ran the equivalent of 10 marathons. In the words of Juan Antonio Samaranch - 'I call upon you Juneathoners to meet 6 months from know at the Janathon. I now declare the Juneathon - closed'. Whose going out for a run tomorrow...

Stats
Distance: 3.20 miles
Time: 26:30
Juneathon Total Distance: 262.11 miles

4 comments:

  1. I'm having a rest day and not running till Monday now!!!! Shocking! Well done your miles have been fab and your pics have been good. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on an immense effort! Would of liked to continue sparring with you right to the end, this old body of mine was feeling the pace! Who knows what might happen next time though?!!!! Im hatching a plan for next years Juneathon that's bold and epic, and quite possibly utterly stupid, but hey, that's the spirit of Juneathon!
    Wishing you the best of luck, Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very WELL DONE Andrew on your 2nd place in Juneathon. I hope that in a couple of years time, just like you, I'll be tackling an "Ultra", you're an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that 40miles even crossed your mind :)

    ReplyDelete