About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Short with sharp showers

I knew today was going to be a busy day in the office, so was keen to get a run in early. I awoke feeling very tired and couldn't face getting up for an early run, so decided that I would run later in the day. A choice I would later wish that I had gone first thing in the morning. As the day wore on, so did the rain and then at lunchtime we had rain, hail, thunder and lightning! The prospect of running in this wasn't very inspiring, ok not to worry, we'll risk a run in the evening.

So finally at 6.45 I took to the roads for a short sharp blast round the 'Office 4' loop, this time in the clockwise 'faster' direction. The weather was still alternating between sun and rain showers, so I got a move on and knocked out the 4 miles in 7:15, 7:51 (field crossing), 7:00 and 7:36. Alas there was no time for pictures today, I had stored my phone in my shorts back pocket as the rain was still persistent. Well, I got the run in 'better late than never' goes the old adage. Hopefully back to the morning run tomorrow, 8 down 22 to go...

Stats
Distance: 4.02 miles
Time: 29:53
Juneathon Total Distance: 64.79 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment