About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 13 - Evening cow racing!

After the abysmal weather at the weekend, today's offerings could only be better. Due to work commitments my only chance for a run today was in the evening. Thankfully the weather improved and the run looked set to be a good one. The plan was for a mainly off road 4-5 miles, nothing too strenuous after the 30 miles total at the weekend. I set off and headed towards a path where I remembered there was another wooden animal carving (an owl this time), not the best photo due to the sun!

On through the farm and across the field where the loop would make a figure 8 course. The field was full of cow pats, which I did my best to avoid but then suddenly felt myself falling as I slid straight across the top of one. With flailing arms I managed to keep my balance and continue on! Once into the next field a lively herd of cows in the adjacent field fancied their changes and 'sprinted' alongside me. I was truly beaten - cows can certainly move!
Racing ladies!
I kept a steady pace, around 7:30 to 8:00 mins per mile across the field to the top of the figure 8 and then returned back down the country lane. Through the farm which was eminating a large manure type smell and back on the trail leading toward Toft Hall. The legs felt a little tired, nothing too much so gently ran in the last mile. I had to stop and take one more photo, it was truly a great evening for a run!

Toft Hall fishing lake

13/06/2011 Stats
Distance: 5.16 miles
Time: 40:22
Juneathon Total Distance: 114.76 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment