About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Saturday 25 June 2011

Day 25 - Sweaty business

More sweat than shirt...
It looked like summer was finally going to arrive on Sunday, however more rain overnight led to this morning being very humid. Proof of this was the state of my shirt when I returned home, it was more sweat than shirt! I hadn't planned a route for this morning, just figured on a run of around 12 miles. I would say 90% of my runs are usually a loop, the other 10% being running from A to B. So an out and back route (todays decision) are like hen's teeth!

A 12 mile out and back would mean turning round at the 6 mile point! I set off running in the same direction as Thursday morning towards Mere. Once at the Mere crossroads I decided to continue on along the same road towards the village of High Legh which I figured would be the exact turnaround point. There was an on and off breeze but I could feel the humidity building, glad I had my water with me. Readers of the blog will know I like to include lots of photos to keep things interesting! So just before the half way point I passed a water tower similar to the one on Day 9 (that seems like ages ago), this one dating back to 1938.

1930's Water Tower
Half a mile further up the road the 'endomondo woman' signalled 6 miles which put me exactly at the High Legh garden centre (right where I thought halfway woud be). A quick U-turn and it was time to go back the way I came. The trouble with this type of route is that you always know what you have got coming! I was feeling pretty tired on the way back, I think the humidity was playing a part. The pace was good though, all around the 7:30 minute per mile. On up the road and finally back into Knutsford, I took a slightly different lane prior to getting home as it had been December since I last came down here, what a difference!

Croft Lane
Back home and another Juneathon run done, only 5 days left to go...

Stats
Distance: 12.01 miles
Time: 1:29:19
Juneathon Total Distance: 220.74 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment