About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Monday 27 June 2011

Day 27 - A complete soaking!

Calm before the storm...
It was going to be hot one in the office today, and I wasn't wrong, just windows to open and no air conditioning. I briefly toyed with the idea of running at lunchtime, but then thought the better of it and decided to go for an evening run instead. As the day progressed the clouds rolled in with a few spots of rain. By the time I got home there were some very dark clouds, time to get the run in, I knew it was going to rain.

I set off on a route of 4 or 5 miles along the main road out of Knutsford, past the Dun Cow pub and then left through the gate for the off road section. By now it had got very dark, it was only 7:45 but it was darker than 9:45 on Sunday night. The path skirted the edge of a golf course and then into the woods, it was very dark indeed, with a few rumbles of thunder in the distance! I exited the woods and I was deposited at the entrance of the field above, a long path stretching between the crops.

Having successfully negotiated the field the wind had picked up and then the rain started, just a little at first then a steady downpour. This is not too bad I thought and ran up the trail through the final farmers field. Back onto the road at Booths Park and then all hell let loose, no point sheltering I'm wet already! I upped the pace and 'sprinted' along the rivers of water now flowing down the road. I was trying to keep my phone dry, so couldn't check my time or pace, it felt pretty quick. I finally got home whereby my daughter opened the front door with a towel in hand! That was probably the most rain I have run in for some time. On checking the stats from the run the final mile was run in 6:32!

Soggy...

Stats
Distance: 5.25 miles
Time: 42:07
Juneathon Total Distance: 239.49 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment