About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Day 15 - Running down the main road

Main road running!
I felt very tired this morning mainly due to a) the prior evening's run, b) fiddling around with the blog and c) getting up at 5:30! I wanted to get todays run done first thing so it wasn't at the back of my mind for the rest of the day. I had decided on a road 10 miler which is an extension of the 'Fruit Farm Loop' of 8 miles. The first 3 miles are down a country lane, then on to the slightly wider lane that leads through the village of Plumley. The route took me past the turn off that I usually take and straight up to the busy A556. The legs felt a little tired at first but once warmed up, I was keeping a good 7:15 to 7:30 pace.

The turn on to the A556 brought together a completely different environment from last nights peace and tranqulity of the forsest and hills. Fortunately the lorries speeding past created a nice breeze and helped to cool me down, it was very humid this morning, the temperature was already 15 C at 5:50 when I left. The main road running lasted for a 2 mile stretch, the highlight was observing the amount of discarded drinks containers and the like on the grass verge by the side of the pavement! It seems perfectly acceptable to some people that it is permissible to treat the side of the road as their personal rubbish bin!!

Off the main road and the next mile and a half on the road back into Knutsford. I took a circuituous route down through the town and out the other side towards home to ensure I clocked up the full 10 miles (didn't want any of this 9.87 miles nonsense today!). Finally home feeling very sweaty.. nice.. half way done now, only the same again to follow...

Stats
Distance: 10.03 miles
Time: 1:14:27
Juneathon Total Distance: 130.86 miles

1 comment:

  1. That's another good 10 miles Andrew especially mid week. "circuituous", now there's a word you don't hear every day :)

    ReplyDelete