About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Stiles 12 Gates 4










The alarm was set for 5.30 ready for the first run of the Juneathon Challenge. Awoke before the alarm went off, so I turned it off and lay there thinking should I a) leave the run to lunchtime (might be too busy at work), b) run this evening (might be too busy at work) or c) run now. Went for option c) and got ready to head out the door. I was in two minds on the route to take this morning, so decided for my favourite off-road 7 miler.

The route involves lots of stile crossings and gates to negotiate and makes a circular route over farmers fields, through some farms, over a railway and the M6. The first couple of miles were uneventful, the sun out - perfect for an eary morning's run. Approaching the house with the two large alsations, I'm thinking "will I get past without them spotting me" - no, they run up to the gate and go ballistic, have they never seen a runner before? On up the road, the weather has turned cloudy now, and the route traverses literally over the railway line.

Carefully negotiated and now homeward bound across a farmers field full of cows. Most are uninterested in me and go about their day polluting the field with their large bowel movements. On the final stretch back over the M6 (glad I don't have to drive on that to work) and the last farmers field, this one full of crops. Just a small gap has been left with which to traverse between. A final mile back on the road and back home.

A great start to the day, my favourite time for running. A fairly even pace, somewhat slower than on the road but much more enjoyable. 1 down 29 to go...

Stats
Distance: 7.14 miles
Time: 59:00
Juneathon Total Distance: 7.14 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment