About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Saturday 11 June 2011

Day 11 - Zoooom!!!

A small lie in today (7:30) then out the door for day 11 of the Juneathon. The planned route was another of my 'default' loops more commonly known as the 'deaf dog loop' because of the deaf dog that lived on a farm on the route. The 10 mile route took me out of Knustford along the country lanes towards Jodrell Bank, through Over Peover and back in to Knutsford. The first couple of miles along the main road felt quiet brisk but not too fast. On to the country lane that led me past Jodrell Bank, must take a quick picture!

On I went and the monotone voice of the 'Endomondo woman' (as my wife calls her) signified mile 5 done in 6:47. That's a bit quick I thought, but everything felt good so I decided to keep the pace going. I then took the left turn to take me through the village of Over Peover. A couple of minutes later I'm thinking 'you should have carried straight on, this is not the right way!'. I knew I could just carry straight on then a right turn would eventually bring me back on to the lane I would have been on. I figured this would add an extra mile, 11 miles instead of 10, an extra mile's not going to kill me!!

I've been getting into the habit of taking photographs on my runs, so thought I would try a couple of experimental shots of me running along. I think they are ok (I'll let you be the judge of that) here they are anyway!


The miles kept ticking by at sub 7 pace, I was actually enjoying the faster road pace (still prefer the off-road jaunts really). Along the final lane and then back onto the main road for the last couple of miles, sure enough I got to the 10th mile at the point where there is one mile left to go. The 'endomondo woman' signified 1:10:03 for the 10 miles! Wound down the pace for the final mile and if it hadn't been for a stream of cars that I had to wait for would still have been sub 7! A very enjoyable run at a pace I hadn't planned on, a slower run on the cards for tomorrow when I should break through the 100 mile barrier!

For all you statisticians out there, here are the mile splits from the run (rubs hands - Oooh Stats!)

Stats
Distance: 11.04 miles
Time: 1:17:34
Juneathon Total Distance: 90.55 miles

1 comment:

  1. You speed merchant! I'm young enough to remember when I could do that and old and wise enough to know I shouldn't do it these days! Well done.

    ReplyDelete