About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Thursday 9 June 2011

Day 9 - What time is it?

I was ready for a good run this morning, not quite sure of the distance but I had a rough route in mind. So off I set at 5:59 (yes - out of the door before 6!) for the first couple of miles along the main road. The route then took me off road along the trail leading up to Peover Hall. The path then enables you to run through part of the gardens and past the church before which there is a great sundial (see above).

I had decided at this point the loop that I was going to run and figured it was around 8 miles. There are numerous options to choose from here of varying distances. So once out of the gardens a small country lane takes you into the village of Over Peover itself. It is a short run through the village towards Colshaw Hall and then a sharp right onto a bridle path. I noticed the great wood carving at the entrance and after photgraphing King Canute on Monday had to add this photo to the blog. I know of a few other great wood carvings in the area so will try to run past these in the coming weeks.


Onto the bridle path and the phone beeped signifying the 5 mile point had been reached in 38 and a half minutes. I was pleased with the consistent pace that I had achieved over the course of the last week or so. The path then goes through a gate and across a field, which this morning was full of sheep of various sizes, making for a zig zagging route so as not to upset them too much! Out of the field and past another 'landmark' - a water tower dating back to the late fifties, which is visible from miles around.


The final trail deposited me back on the country lane with a final 2 and a half mile 'burst' back along the main road to home. Mile 7 and 8 both run in sub 7:30 pace ending up with an 8.75 mile run. The legs felt good today and an enjoyable morning run to set me up for the day. Tomorrow will bring up one third of the challenge done...

Stats
Distance: 8.75 miles
Time: 1:06:45
Juneathon Total Distance: 73.54 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment