About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Friday 11 January 2013

Janathon 2013 Day 10 - An evening dash to Wilmslow


Always on the lookout for somewhere different to run, Thursday may now be the evening to run to Wilmslow to meet my wife at the mother-in-laws after her trip to the gym. This allows for a Friday run back to the office. This would be a repeat of the previous Thursday but now on a much colder night. I set off in hat and gloves but still in shorts! I pressed start on my Garmin and checked it was registering the distance correctly. I have a habit of doing this to check it's locked onto the satellite, this time it said I was doing a 2:30 mile pace!! I stopped the watch after a couple of hundred yards and 'rebooted' it, this time it worked fine!

I had a rough route sketched out on a post-it note to ensure I was going down the correct lanes in the middle  of the run. It's very easy when at your desk looking at the map than when out in the dark and fog! All was ok  for the first 5 miles and I found the correct 'Wrigley Lane'. The fog suddenly got much thicker and it was a tricky 1 mile trying to find my way down the lane. At the end I was supposed to cross the main road and onto another lane, something was wrong here, it wasn't there! Oh well, I knew the road I was now on so carried on regardless.

On along the main road towards Alderley Edge and I was passed by a gritting lorry, a sign of things to come! Down the big hill and I picked up the pace for the final three miles. I pulled onto the mother-in-laws drive with just under 12 miles in the bag. This brought me up to 47 miles for the week so far...


Stats
Runstreak: Day 590
Distance: 11.85 miles
Time: 1:39:41
Elevation: 344ft
Janathon Total Distance: 123.05 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment