About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Thursday 17 January 2013

Janathon 2013 Day 16 - A busy day

My original plan of a morning run was put paid to when my second alarm went off signalling the 'normal' time to get up. A lunchtime run looked unlikely as I had a trip to the dentist first. The said dentist gave me a filling, a numb mouth for half the day and a £48 hole in my wallet for the privilege! My mouth was just beginning to 'come round' by lunchtime and as I still had a lot to get done I would run in the evening.

The evening run became a much later affair as I had forgotten that I had a meeting to attend at the school for an hour. An interesting meeting outlining the options that my daughter would have to decide upon in the coming months. By the time I was home it was now 8:15, so it would be just a shortish run as I was now hungry and it was getting colder by the minute.

I donned the hat and gloves yet again and set off round the block. I took a meandering route round the outskirts of the town and past the moor. The moor is a small lake at the very bottom of Tatton Park and is home to a lot of bird wildlife. There were many birds still milling around mainly on the ice! Into the second half of the run round the other side of the town and finally back home after nearly 5 miles.

A somewhat slower week than last but it has helped my gluteal pain as it was less noticeable now. A few more days and I should be up to 200 miles, leaving 10 or 11 days to try and break last years January total of exactly 300 miles!

Route

Stats
Runstreak: Day 596
Distance: 4.70 miles
Time: 35:49
Elevation: 93ft
Janathon Total Distance: 178.15 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment