About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Janathon 2013 Day 14 - A gentle icy trot to Waitrose & back


As followers of mine on Twitter will know, I am partial to the odd cake or two. This has led to the occasional, ok, often visit to Waitrose to bag the odd discounted pastry, tonight was to be no exception. As I had missed out running at lunchtime, it meant a quick jaunt once home from work. After last weeks high mileage I was looking forward to a shorter run, in fact the first single digit mileage run since New Years Eve!

I have lots of little routes around Knutsford and this one would see me take in Waitrose at around mile 3. It was 7:45 by the time I set off and already the local roads were becoming very slippery. I took it nice and steady and wound my way down the road. It was a bit more comfortable under foot once in town and a nice trot up the main street. I pulled up at Waitrose, paused the watch and headed inside.

What is left is a complete lottery and the daily 'discounted' offerings vary from nothing to a veritable smorgasbord! It was a good night and I selected a few items (not all for me). I set off back home after remembering to press start on the watch. A gentle mile back home and a steady 4 miles for the evening.

Route
Garmin Connect Details - Day 14


Stats
Runstreak: Day 594
Distance: 4.05 miles
Time: 33:48
Elevation: 75ft
Janathon Total Distance: 167.22 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment