About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Saturday 5 January 2013

Janathon 2013 Day 4 - The first run to the office of the year


As I had ran from the office yesterday this meant the car wasn't at home and would require running back again in the morning. This is a tried and tested route which I knew very well. I had decided on the mainly road route as some of the fields were still very waterlogged. With the distance being around 12.5 miles, this would give me 4 straight days of double digit running!

I didn't leave until 6:45, it's a lot harder getting up in the morning when you're the only one getting up (the kids are back at school next week). I set off on the first 5 miles along the main road, definitely the worst part of the route especially with the dazzling headlights. The pace wasn't feeling great but was to be expected after the 3 previous days. In the end the average ended up at 7:54, I'll take that :)

On to the quiet lanes now and I might as well have been running through a field with the amount of mud and branches on the road. After about an hour it was eventually getting light. I kept the torch on so I could be seen, more than for me to see where I was going. The final 3 miles are the best of the run and see a final climb through the boggy woods and along the farmers trails before the final half mile down the lane to the office.

Again, another warm run especially with the backpack carrying vital breakfast supplies. The Janathon this year is being run alongside another challenge on the Strava run tracking website Strava Run Base Mile Blast the mileages being logged on here are awesome and has made an extra incentive for logging miles...

Route
Garmin Connect Details - Day 4

Stats
Runstreak: Day 584
Distance: 12.63 miles
Time: 1:39:53
Janathon Total Distance: 52.19 miles

1 comment:

  1. Good running Andrew, expect to see you at the top of the leaderboard at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete