About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Friday 4 January 2013

Janathon 2013 Day 3 - Is it really January - Sweaty!


So on the back of yesterday's run and keen to keep up the HM average, the first day back in the office was always going to prove more tricky to get a good (long) run in. The opportunity arose to run from the office to my mother-in-laws in Wilmslow (a distance of around 12 miles) whereupon my wife was and I would be able to get a lift home and set up the run back to the office in the morning - game on!!

I'm not one to dress for the season, if it's warm outside and in the middle of winter I will wear a t-shirt and shorts (in fact I always wear shorts, Twitter followers will be familiar with the #stillinshorts hashtag). With the old bearded gentleman bringing me a new bright yellow long sleeve running top for Christmas, it seemed a good time to wear it as there would be a lot of traffic on some of the lanes. I knew after a couple of miles that the choice of top may have been a bit much as I was getting very warm (read sweaty).

Anyway, the run would see me take the back lanes from the office on a gradually undulating route into Alderley Edge and on into Wilmslow. The legs felt very good from the previous day's hills and I soon got into a good rhythm. I was on quite a tight schedule as I had left the office some 20 minutes later than planned, so I was glad I could keep the pace going. A tricky couple of miles ensued along the main road that had me jumping onto the boggy grass verges to avoid some of the over zealous drivers, albeit I was clearly visible.

Approaching 9 miles and it was a fast descent into Alderley Edge past the gated mansions! In my exuberance I nearly took out a set of bins left by the side of the road, a quick swerve round and all was good. The main street through Alderley Edge was resplendent in the still fully lit Christmas lights! A final couple of miles along the lanes into Wilmslow saw 12 miles come up on the board and myself absolutely roasting - is it really January?

Stats
Runstreak: Day 583
Distance: 12.10 miles
Time: 1:29:51
Janathon Total Distance: 39.56 miles

1 comment:

  1. Sweating in January? Now let me tell you about sweating in January...HM average, nice work. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete