About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Janathon Day 10 - Century Up


On the menu for today was an early start and participation in the 6am Club. The @6amClub has been setup on Twitter for people to follow and to motivate each other for getting out the door for an early run. Given that I was at 94 miles the obvious choice was to run 6 miles and bring up the century for the first 10 days of Janathon. The secret (shhhh) target of 300 miles was still right on schedule! With my headtorch being intermittent, I decided on the grand loop of Knutsford - a 10km loop all under street lights.

I headed out the door weaving my way round the bins that had been placed outside the houses for collection. My knee was a little stiff from Sunday so decided not to push it too fast and just cruise round in 7:30 min pace. Running down the different streets at this time of the morning, you get the sense of the day just waking up! After 2 miles I was at the furthest point away from the house at which point a virtual U turn took me back towards the centre.

A gentle downhill  took me back down the main street past a myriad of window cleaners. Past the railway station and up the steepest hill I know in Knutsford (read hillock). The penultimate mile took me to the furthest point on the other side of Knutsford. On past the biggest houses, where the street lighting is sparse to say the least and the potholes more prevalent! I picked up the pace a little bit and finished the run with the fastest mile in 7:14.

Readers of my Juneathon blog will remember the vast range of photographs that were snapped whilst out running in the summer sun. As most of the Janathon runs are in the dark this isn't conducive to photography so my headline picture for today is of a caricature drawn of me from 10 years ago!!

Stats
Distance: 6.25 miles
Time: 46:21
Janathon Total Distance: 100.43 miles
Streak Total Distance: 1725 miles

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for getting up at 6am!! I'm impressed and what a great way to start the day. I wish I was a morning person but nothing could be further from the truth but I won't rule it out just yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing mileage already and still running at a brilliant pace! Massive well done to you.

    ReplyDelete