About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Janathon Day 3 - Windy Woo


Awaking to a wild and windy morning, I was glad I had made the decision to run at lunchtime, actually the only available day this week as Wednesday and Thursday were to be spent at a clients site. As the morning progressed the rain eased and we were treated with fleeting glimpses of sunshine. The distance for today was to be just 4 miles. It was not on our traditional 'office loop' because I didn't want to spoil my new shoes (Adidas Kanadia) in the very muddy field that would have to be traversed. So an out and back jaunt it was to be, that avoided the worst of the mud.

I picked my moment in the weather and headed off up the country lane from the office. The legs were quite tired at first but soon settled down and did battle with the swirling cross/headwind. Across the main road and the next mile and a half to the turnaround point was on a farmers track. Approaching the end of the track I had to run past two dogs which usually run down their garden to greet you. Since the dog incident I seem to be more cautious of the said beasts!!

I turned round and looked forward to what I thought would hopefully be a nice tailwind but in the end was more of a crosswind. I had planned to log a quick mile and post it Jamie Ross (@LardyBoy2011) with the Hashtag #MagicMile. He has set up a challenge on Twitter where people can post their fastest mile times and track their performance against them. As my fastest mile today was 'only' 7:09 I decided to await a sub 7 mile to log my first 'Magic Mile'. On back to the office via the same route and the 4 windy miles were done in a touch over half an hour. Probably more wind tomorrow...

Stats
Distance: 4.04 miles
Time: 30:05
Janathon Total Distance: 31.23 miles
Streak Total Distance: 1656 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment