About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Janathon Day 24 - Knutsford by Streetlight


Day 24 (said in a Geordie accent) in the Janathon house and today Andrew is going for a run! An evening run was on the cards in between dropping my daughter at hockey and picking my son up from football. It was just as well as it rained continually all day, only finally stopping when I left the office!

A slight change of plans led me to having just 45 minutes to run before getting my son from football. The mysterious 'temporary' disappearance of my headtorch also meant the run would be by streetlight and take in the 'grand tour' of Knustford. I worked out I had time for a 5 mile route which took me in a clockwise direction round the side streets.

I settled in to a steady 7:30 pace and didn't deviate much from this for the whole run. I passed other runners coming towards me, people walking their dogs and others heading out for a meal or a night in the pub. This time of run is a stark contrast from the morning where the town is just waking up!

The route down the 'bottom street' caused me to constantly keep weaving in and out round people. Some you can virtually be treading on their heels and still they don't even know you're there!! I sometimes think a quick blast on an air horn would do the trick. This street is full of character and history with many unusually shaped buildings, such as the Belle Epoque (above).

I finished off the run coming up the impressive Legh Road past many a large house and unusual Italinate design. On back to home and another 5 miles were in the bag. After two days of shorter miles a slightly longer run should be on the cards, I've got to keep on top of that target of 300 miles. Whilst doing some calculations tonight, the penultimate day will bring up Day 244 of the runstreak which is exactly 2/3rds of a year...

Stats
Distance: 5.02 miles
Time: 37:42
Janathon Total Distance: 235.38 miles
Streak Total Distance: 1858 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment