About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Janathon Day 30 - Blue Knees...


A mutual consensus had been reached between the three of us in positions 2,3 and 4 on the Janathon 'Table of Doom' that, as we were all approaching 300 miles we would all finish on that said distance. This required 18 miles to be run over the next two days. The plan was for 6 or 7 today, then the 12 tomorrow split into two runs.

A very frosty morning led to a glorious sunny day. I thought I'd get my run it at lunchtime in the sun and looked forward to it. As the time approached I then get bogged down in resolving a problem for a client which ended up taking a couple of hours! The lunchtime window came and went, looks like an evening session then!

At 6:15 this evening the temperature already read -3 as I left the office, this was going to be a tad chilly and test my commitment to the #stillinshorts brigade. I set off shortly after getting home and did the reverse of the 'Knutsford by Streetlight' loop as detailed on Day 24. My knee was a little stiff from yesterday's 'fall' so decided to keep the pace around the 7:30 min mile mark for the whole run.

I wanted to go quicker to keep the legs warm but after a mile or so had settled down. After 3 miles my phone rang and it was my daughter asking if I was running past Waitrose for a 'pastry run'. After informing her I didn't have any money with me, I agreed I would drive back to the store once I got home!

The run continued without incident and I then saw two runners coming in the opposite direction, both in shorts but one wearing just a t-shirt!! Now that's extreme if you ask me!! I got home with 6.09 miles in the bag and another day nearer to the end.

Today was also another milestone day as it marks 244 days which equates exactly to 2/3rd of a year done!!

Stats
Distance: 6.09 miles
Time: 45:43
Janathon Total Distance: 288.34 miles
Streak Total Distance: 1910 miles

3 comments:

  1. the runstreak just blows me away. I'm trying to think of something witty for -3, wearing shorts and Knutsford :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your final 12 miles of Janathon. Let us hope that Jenks does not stick 31 miles on the clock and foil our cunning plan. Like Auswomble I am in awe of your run streak efforts. Inspirational stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much sir, yes, that would upset our plan! Two runs of 6 planned for today, enjoy your final miles to get to 300 - well done!

      Delete