About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Janathon Day 31 - Two sixes brings up the 300

So the past 30 days had come down to this - 1 day to run 12 miles to finally reach 300 miles. This would be my highest ever mileage for a month and I was therefore rightly very proud of this. The final 'running table of doom' would end up with local-adventures, beanoutrunning and myself sharing the spoils for 2nd place, whilst our Australian friend ended up with an amazing 455 miles. Maybe 1 summer mile should equal 1.5 winter miles (just kidding), that would have made it interesting!!

My goal was to keep going at a sensible rate, after all I was theoretically still on the Juneathon. I didn't seem to have got the memo about stopping!! As you approach these challenges you have all these grandiose plans on going out in style and then get to the final day and want just a short run to finish it all off. As I didn't fancy one 12 miler, I decided to split the run into two more friendly 6 milers on the same 'office loop' one at lunchtime and the other before I left the office for the evening.


Both of the runs were done on the default 'office 6 mile loop' in the same clockwise direction. The loop involved a bit of road, the track through the farm, past the two friendly dogs, the field of staring cows, more farms on the muddy lane, across the main road, down Magotty Lane, past the lake and church, along the main road and back to the office. They were both cold and the wind was in the same direction, so they were very comparable. For all you lovers of stats the runs stacked up as follows:

RUN
MILE 1
MILE 2
MILE 3
MILE 4
MILE 5
MILE 6
MILE .02
TOTAL
AVERAGE
1
7:27
7:27
7:34
7:18
7:07
7:04
0:11
44:06
7:20
2
6:46
6:46
6:49
6:50
6:36
6:23
0:16
40:25
6:43



I think I must have got a second wind for the later run, either that or the cream cake I scoffed an hour before setting out may have had something to do with it! ...and there you have it, the Janathon is done and dusted. I will no doubt blog tomorrow with a summary of the miles done, blah, blah, blah!

I hope everyone enjoyed taking part, not only logging miles but the daily blogging. There has been a lot of great miles logged and some very witty and clever bloggage!! Now what shall I do tomorrow? I know I might go for a run :)

Stats
Run 1
Distance: 6.02 miles
Time: 44:06
Run 2
Distance: 6.02 miles
Time: 40:25
Janathon Total Distance: 300.38 miles
Streak Total Distance: 1922 miles

4 comments:

  1. Awesome mileage and an inspiration all round :) So chuffed you got your 300 miles! I for one will eat more cream cakes if it makes me faster ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. Nice idea on the finish, I'm glad it worked out. Good luck on your Runstreak.
    Goose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the triple century. Go for a celebratory run why doncha?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic effort all round my friend. Well done for a magnificent 300 miles for Janathon. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete