About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Sunday 29 January 2012

Janathon Day 28 - A Slippery 10


When going out for a run I usually know exactly what route I am going to take and where I am going. Today was slightly different, I just headed out the door and made it up as I went along. The aim was for around 10 miles so headed off gingerly down the road as the ice made it a slippery affair. I had in the back of mind on coming back through Tatton Park as the morning was spectacularly sunny and cold.

I ran on through Knutsford and out towards Tabley past the cemetry. Just after here is a great gravel track that is in a slightly elevated position giving good views past the motorway and on to the hills in the distance. At the end of the track I was deposited on to the very busy A556 adjacent to the very tired looking Little Chef. A few grumpy faces sat in there eating some 'warm' breakfast conglomeration!

I now knew where I was heading and spent a few metres on the busy road for heading back down a windy country lane towards Tatton. This lane proved to be very icy and I cautiously edged along so as to avoid any nasty 'slip ups'. On past the end of the lane and I skirted past the end of Tatton Park to enter the top entrance at exactly 6 miles. I knew the route back through the park to home was exactly 4 miles which would bring up the 10 miles - result.

The park was beautiful with the low sun shining through the avenue of trees above. The ground was mostly frozen and made the muddy route more manageable, or so I thought. I edged over a particurlarly muddy part expecting it to be frozen and was met with icy water as my foot broke through the ice. I really enjoyed the run through the park and bumped into one of wife's friends and her dog who was very pleased to see me!

Out of the park and a quick blast down the 'bottom' street weaving in and out the Saturday shoppers who were starting to emerge. A final up hill before the run down the beautiful Legh Road and back to the house for exactly 10 miles. So just 3 days left of the Janathonn and the 300 miles is now within sight...

Stats
Distance: 10.01 miles
Time: 1:18:15
Janathon Total Distance: 270.02 miles
Streak Total Distance: 1892 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment