About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Thursday 12 January 2012

Janathon Day 12 - Another Double Day

Another day and another double 6 miles, this would bring up the total of five 6 milers this week so far!

Run 1: Exactly the same lunchtime run as yesterday, except just the two of us! Today we were greeted with blues skies but a cold wind, you could tell that the forecasted colder weather was on its way. We set off at around 9 min mile pace and would stay on that pace the whole way round. If I'm running by myself I will tend to go off too quick and go at a faster pace than I really should. Having running company helps this and I definitely enjoy the slower pace. Nothing really spectacular happened on the run, the two dogs half greeted us as usual, the cows were tucking in to their lunch at the farm and there was still a lot of mud on the road. It's a good 6 mile loop and will never tire of the varied scenery.

Run 2: Knowing that Mr. Foreman had done his usual double runs, I donned my running kit once I was home and set off for another 6 miles. It was my usual circuit around Knutsford via Waitrose for a selection of pastries. The first couple of miles seemed quite slow at around 8 min mile pace. The weather was much colder tonight, I was still wearing my shorts though! My knee was a little stiff tonight, so thought I would keep the pace sensible. Round the houses and I then rolled up at Waitrose at the 3.5 mile mark. On offer tonight was a good selection of pastries at prices ranging from 5p to 19p. I bagged 4 of them (1 each for the kids and 2 for me). As I was paying with a £10 note I was then stuck with a handful of shrapnel which I stored in my small pocket of my shorts. So for the rest of the 2.5 miles home I was being hampered by the bag of pastries and the money jangling around in my shorts pocket. I made it back home much to the delight of the kids that I had secured some pastries!!

On to tomorrow and I shall stick with just a single run and what promises to be a few days worth of running in icy conditions!

Stats
Run 1
Distance: 6.05 miles
Time: 54:25
Run 2
Distance: 6.01 miles
Time: 48:52
Janathon Total Distance: 124.66 miles
Streak Total Distance: 1749 miles

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant , I love it .. keep up the good work running God !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love running blogs that include a pastries segment. I feel so ashamed for taking the car to get mine! Keep up the good running & take care on those legs :-)

    ReplyDelete