About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Friday 6 January 2012

Janathon Day 6 - After the storm


I really must blog earlier in the day, for the third day running it's late in the evening and I am thinking 'what shall I write about'. I was back in the office today so I had the chance of a lunchtime run. The weather was a complete contrast today, bright blue skies and much colder. With a lot of work to get done today I almost comtemplated not going at lunchtime but that would be mean a 'Friday Night' run. Out of all the times to run this probably comes close to the bottom of my least favourite.

So lunchtime arrives and it's out the door for the mainly off-road 6 miler. A short run down the lane then it's 3 miles worth of fields and stiles. After all the wind and rain, the going was 'boggy' to say the least. I trudged over the first few fields and past the fishing lake where a few hardy souls were sitting there waiting patiently. On through Gawsworth village and the second set of fields, the pace several minutes per mile down on my usual speed. I actually prefer this speed of running, no pressure on speed, just the process of getting from A to B. I stopped to take a quick photo a tree completed split in half from the strong winds.

After the 'field trudge' it was back on to the country lanes for the short and sharp down then up to the canal. Along the canal I spotted a woman with three dalmations! As I approached slowly she confidently exclaimed 'they won't bite' (oh good I thought). They were very friendly and I was soon past and back on to the lane for the final mile and a half up to the office. It was a good run in the end as my heart wasn't fully into it at the start. Another day done, only 25 more to go...

Stats
Distance: 6.20 miles
Time: 51:15
Janathon Total Distance: 56.47 miles
Streak Total Distance: 1682 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment