About Me

United Kingdom
A runner now for 17 years, started short then moved up to marathons. The last couple of years has seen the transition to ultras. The start of this blog begins with the Juneathon Challenge.

Friday 27 January 2012

Janathon Day 27 - The Office Hill


With a week of two lunchtime and two evening runs, I felt it was about time that I got an early morning run in. As it was Friday this meant an early drive up to the office to tackle the 'office hill' once again. It was a cold start to the day so I knew I would need my hat for the top of the hill (still in shorts though!).

I arrived at the office at 7 and calculated I would be back by 8:30, perfect. I started with my headtorch on and headed off towards the canal for an anti-clockwise run. The two miles along the canal were very 'gloopy' to say the least! I turned the headtorch off after 20 minutes, the lighter mornings were gradually on their way, thank goodness for that!

The next 2 miles were spent climbing the gradual slope to the top of Croker Hill. The weather was infinitely better than last week and I was enjoying the run, on through the farm and then the final steep mile along the gravel track. The track still resembled a stream and I attempted to keep my feet as dry as possible. If you got to the top at 5.5 miles in 50 minutes, you were doing well, I crested the hill in a shade over that time!

The next half a mile down the farm track took me through a flock of sheep and out on to the A54. The hill down is a 10% gradient in places so the 2 miles flew by! I took it steady though as there were quite a few cars on the road by now and there is nowhere really to jump out of the way. To bring up 260 miles for Janathon I figured there was 2.5 miles left back to the office once at the bottom of the hill which would make me hit that target spot on. A welcome shower and weetabix rounded off a great start to the day...

Stats
Distance: 10.58 miles
Time: 1:27:28
Janathon Total Distance: 260.01 miles
Streak Total Distance: 1882 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment